Motorcycles may be every adrenaline lover’s dream, but they are still risky vehicles that can result in devastating consequences if an accident occurs. Mistakes are easily made on the road, and accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident in Ottawa, you know it’s a terrible experience that can leave you dealing with injury recovery and emotional trauma.
The process of dealing with a motorcycle accident can be exhausting, but you don’t have to go through it alone. QTMG is a personal injury law firm in Ottawa that can advise you on the next steps in your case. If you’ve suffered a motorcycle accident and are confused about your next steps— read on.
Steps You Should Take in Your Motorcycle Accident Case
If you’ve suffered a motorcycle accident, the personal injury lawyers at QTMG are here to help. Our accident lawyers in Ottawa make it their mission to guide your case in the right direction. If you need legal assistance concerning your motorcycle accident, we recommend these steps.
- Report — Call the police, report your damages, and have your injuries tended to. Report your accident, no matter how minor. A small injury could turn into a bigger issue in the long run.
- Record — It is important to get details of the names, addresses, and insurance information of everyone involved.
- Insurance — Describe the incident to your insurance company. The Ontario Insurance Act can provide details on any benefits you may be eligible for. Keep a record of all communications for your case.
- Checkup – Keep a record of your hospitalization. Any health issues that may have occurred due to the accident are worth noting.
- Contact – Personal injury lawyers at QTMG in Ottawa can help make this process easy for you. If you need legal advice after a motorcycle accident contact us.
QTMG Personal Injury Lawyers want to help you know what to do if you’re the victim of any type of accident