A single moment can change your life in profound ways. An accident or injury can leave you unable to perform your job that once provided for you, permanently reduce your enjoyment of life, or cause you intense psychological distress. Such an event can alter your life forever, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get some measure of compensation. A financial settlement will not undo what has happened to you, but it can provide you with security or cover the cost of at-home care, medications, and other expenses. This is why personal injury lawyers in Ottawa do what they do-to help you receive compensation that you are entitled to by law. If you have been injured in any of the following ways by another party, you should contact a personal injury lawyer to begin building a case:
- Car Accidents-if you have been hit by a reckless driver, or have been involved in a collision where the other driver was distracted, careless, or committing a traffic violation, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Product Liability-if you or your child have been injured, harmed, or made ill by a consumer product which did not properly outline the risk associated with its usage, or by a defective medical or consumer product that passed inspection, your best course of action is to contact a personal injury lawyer in Ottawa.
- Medical Malpractice-this encompasses any lapse in professional performance by a medical professional that negatively affects a patient’s health, such as negligence or carelessness.
- Property Accidents-when you are on another person’s or a company’s property, it is their duty to inform you of any unsafe conditions that they can be reasonably expected to be aware of. Failure to do so, leading to a slip, trip, fall, or other injurious accident, is grounds for legal action.
- Dog Bites-in Ontario, the Dog Owner’s Liability Act renders the owner of a dog liable for any harm caused by their animal. If you have been severely injured by a dog, especially if the owner behaved negligently, contact a personal injury lawyer that handles dog bite cases.
- Insurance Disputes and Disability Claims-if you have paid into disability insurance, but when the time came that you needed it, your claim was denied, then a personal injury lawyer can make your case to help you get the proper compensation.
These are just a few of the cases a lawyer who works with personal injury cases can help you with-others include all kinds of vehicle accidents, bullying and harassment, negligence, omission, and more. If you’ve been injured and believe that you are entitled to fair compensation, then contact a personal injury lawyer in Ottawa today.